Terms & Conditions
- 1.1 Buyer: the person, firm or company who purchases the Goods from the Company.
- 1.2 Company: Mistral Catering Equipment is a trading name of Chefware Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number xxxxxxxx whose registered office is situated at 52 Stoke Newington High Street, London, N16 7PB.
- 1.3 Seller: it means Mistral Catering Equipment.
- 1.4 Contract: any contract between the Company and the Buyer for the sale and purchase of the Goods, incorporating these conditions.
- 1.5 Delivery Point: the place where delivery of the Goods is to take place.
- 1.6 Goods: any goods agreed in the Contract to be supplied to the Buyer by the Company (including any part or parts of them).
2. Conditions Applicable
- 2.1 These Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sales of Goods by the Seller to the Buyer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions including any terms and Conditions which the Buyer may purport to apply under any purchase order confirmation or order or similar document.
- 2.2 All orders for Goods shall be deemed to be an offer of the Buyer to purchase Goods pursuant to these Conditions.
- 2.3 Acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer's acceptance of these Conditions.
- 2.4 Any variation to these Conditions (including any special terms and Conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Seller.
- 2.5 The seller reserves the right to refuse to accept any order. Order acknowledgement emails do not constitute acceptance of an order.
- 3.1 All Goods supplied by Mistral Catering Equipment will carry a 12 months full warranty; some items have extended warranties please check at the time of purchase.
- 3.2 Mistral Catering Equipment Ltd does not sell goods on a trial basis. Please be sure that the items you purchase or are ordering are suitable for your needs.
- 3.3 Mistral Catering Equipment will not be under any liability in respect of any defect in goods arising from any specification, drawing or design supplied by the customer.
- 3.4 Mistral Catering Equipment will be under no liability if the defect or failure, within reason from Mistral Catering Equipment, arises from wilful damage or misuse, negligence by the customer or third party, failure to follow the manufactures instructions, or alterations or repair to goods without prior notice from Mistral Catering Equipment.
- 3.5 Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by Mistral Catering Equipment negligence, Mistral Catering Equipment will not be liable for any loss or damage (loss of profit or otherwise) or any other claims for compensation.
4. Price and VAT
- 4.1 All Prices on this website will be quoted at the current price on the date of order excluding VAT at the current rate. No Charge is made to customers for credit card payments with the exception of American Express.
- 4.2 Company is required by law to collect VAT on orders despatched to addresses within the UK. Orders sent to addresses anywhere else in the world will not be subject to VAT.
- 4.3 The goods will only be released on receipt of cleared funds.
5. Returns Policy
- 5.1 Buyer have the right to return the goods, provided buyer do so at their own cost and within 14 working days from the day after you received and signed for the goods. Our return policies apply to goods unused and as new, in their original packaging (external & internal) and with all instruction manuals. If Buyer wish to cancel an order after it has been dispatched Buyer may have to pay round trip delivery costs. Goods must not be returned to seller without our authorization and Buyer must obtain a returns number by calling Mistral Catering Equipment Ltd on +44 (0) 20 7241 5070 and by writing us at 52 Stoke Newington High Street, London, N16 7PB or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5.2 After acceptance the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject goods which are special order and refrigerated goods may not be returned unless found to be damaged or faulty upon delivery.
- 5.3 Buyer is responsible for any carriage costs when returning goods. Buyer must arrange insurance with the carrier or Post Office when returning goods to cover possible damage or loss in transit for the full value of the item.
- 5.4 Goods that are returned must not have been used and must be in their original packaging, including instruction manuals. A 25% restocking fee is charged on all goods returned. If Seller have to replace any lost manuals or packaging, the cost of this would also become payable by Buyer, the customer. Customer will be refunded or credited within 30 days for goods returned under the above terms.
- 6.1 Delivery of the Goods shall be made to the Buyer’s address within 6 working days. If for any reason delivery is likely to take longer we will contact you to let you know when to expect your items. The Buyer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
- 6.2 Prices on this site include delivery to UK (mainland) unless placing an order less than £200. The Seller reserves the right to charge for delivery of the Goods if they are to be delivered outside UK mainland.
- 6.3 The Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatever due to failure by the Seller to deliver the Goods (or any of them) promptly or at all.
- 6.4 All costs and charge incurred by the Seller will be paid by the Buyer in the event of a failure to accept delivery.
- 6.5 Claims for damaged goods on delivery must be notified within 24 hours by telephone on +44 (0) 20 7241 5070 and followed in writing by email to email@example.com stating the damages and defects of the goods received from the transporters (Please sign all goods “unexamined”).
- 7.1 Goods colours on this web site may vary slightly from that shown on the website due to limitations of browser software and monitors.
8. Validity of Quotation
- 8.1 No purported variation of these terms shall constitute a contract until accepted in writing by Mistral Catering Equipment.
- 8.2 Mistral Catering Equipment reserves the right to refuse any order including subsequent to sending of an acknowledgement email.
- 9.1 Mistral Catering Equipment Ltd is committed to protecting Buyer’s privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- 9.2 Mistral Catering Equipment collect information about buyers for 2 reasons: firstly, to process their orders and secondly, to provide buyers with the best possible service.
- 9.3 The type of information Mistral Catering Equipment will collect about buyers includes: Name, Company Name, Telephone No, Fax No, Email address, Web Page Address, Credit / Debit Card Details. Mistral Catering Equipment Ltd. will never collect sensitive information about buyers without their explicit consent. Buyer details are not passed to third parties and are used only accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- 9.4 The Internet is not a secure medium. However we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. We have installed a mechanism that uses digital server identities so that you can be sure that the website you access is ours. This is done using one of the internet Trusted Certification Authorities. When you access the secure pages of our site your browser will be provided with an electronic certificate confirming that you have accessed our site and all communications will encrypted via SSL. The entire transaction procedure is carried out on a secure server and your personal details will not be transmitted in an unencrypted format.
- 9.5 If Buyers have any questions/comments about privacy, Buyers should write to us at 52 Stoke Newington High Street, London, N16 7PB or telephone on +44 (0) 20 7241 5070 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Force Majeure
- 10.1 The Company reserves the right to defer the date of delivery or to cancel the Contract or reduce the volume of the Goods ordered by the Buyer (without liability to the Buyer) if it is prevented from or delayed in the carrying on of its business due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Company including, without limitation, acts of God, governmental actions, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism, protests, riot, civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes (whether or not relating to either party's workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, provided that, if the event in question continues for a continuous period in excess of 60 days, the Buyer shall be entitled to give notice in writing to the Company to terminate the Contract.
- 11.1 Where the Buyer rejects any Goods then the Buyer shall have no further rights whatever in respect of the supply to the Buyer of such Goods or the failure by the Seller to supply Goods which conform to the contract of sale.
- 11.2 Where the Buyer accepts or has deemed to have accepted any Goods then the Seller shall have no liability whatever to the Buyer in respect of those Goods.
- 12.1 The conditions will be governed by the laws of English and Wales and the parties acknowledge the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- 13.1 Mistral Catering Equipment can be contacted:
By writing to 52 Stoke Newington High Street, London, N16 7PB
By telephone on +44 (0) 20 7241 5070
By email at email@example.com.